Frequently Asked Questions
Touro University Worldwide provide their students with the most Frequently Asked Questions by our students and prospective students. If you have more questions that this page did not provide the answer for, please contact us today and TUW Enrollment Counselor will be happy to answer any question you might have.
- Does TUW have an Application fee?
- When do classes start?
- Is TUW Accredited?
- Does TUW have Financial Aid?
- Does TUW have residency requirements?
- How do I apply for admission?
- Does TUW require any GRE or GMAT exams to apply for admission?
- How can I receive a scholarship from TUW?
- How many credits can I transfer from another institution toward my Degree at TUW?
- How long will it take me to complete my degree at TUW?
- What will I gain from a degree at TUW?
- Do I need to purchase books?
- MFT and LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor) with clinical licensure.
- MFT, LPCC and BSW practicum.
1. Does TUW have an Application fee?
国产偷拍视频Students seeking enrollment with TUW must apply through . TUW has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students applying to the Bachelor and Master Degrees, there is a $25 application fee for prospect students applying to the Doctorate degree (PsyD).
2. When do classes start?
Touro University Worldwide has 6 start-terms each year; each term is 8 weeks long. The application deadline for each term is usually the Friday before the term starts. To view the application deadlines, please visit our academic calendar.
3. Is TUW Accredited?
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.
4. Does TUW accept Financial Aid?
TUW accepts Title IV Federal funding. Financial aid is available to students who qualify. For more information, visit our Financial Aid Information page.
5. Does TUW have residency requirements?
Touro University Worldwide is a 100% online University, therefore there are no residency requirements. Students at TUW can study anytime from anywhere in a flexible learning schedule.
6. How do I apply for admission?
To apply to the program, you need to complete an .
TUW’s Registrar Office must receive your official transcripts by the end of your first term of enrollment. Failure to file complete and authentic documents may result in denial of admission or cancellation of academic credits. Please mail your official transcript to Attention Registrar Office. 10601 Calle Lee, STE #179. Los Alamitos CA 90720.
PsyD applicants and students with foreign education must complete additional admissions requirements.
国产偷拍视频Touro University Worldwide offers the following degree levels: Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate. Each degree level has different admission requirements.
国产偷拍视频Please visit the admission requirements page for more information:
7. Does TUW require any GRE or GMAT exams to apply for admission?
国产偷拍视频Since Touro University Worldwide does not believe that entrance exams are accurate predictors of future student success, TUW does not require any GRE and/or GMAT for admission.
8. How can I receive a scholarship from TUW?
The Military Achievement Scholarship — This scholarship provides between 20% to 40% off tuition depending on the degree level.
As long as an enrolled student maintains scholarship eligibility, they will receive the scholarship award for their entire degree plan. TUW does not guarantee the availability of the scholarship at all times for new students. Please contact us today for more information.
9. How many credits can I transfer from another institution toward my Degree at TUW?
Dependent upon the program, a maximum number of transfer credits are accepted from accredited educational institutions. Content from transferred courses must be substantially similar to course content of required courses in the TUW program you select.
• Transfer Credits for Associate Degree:
国产偷拍视频The associate program accepts up to 45 transfer Semester credits of equivalent coursework with a grade of C or higher. All transferable core courses credits must be completed in the last 7 years.
• Transfer Credits for Bachelor Degree:
国产偷拍视频The bachelor programs accept up to 90 transfer Semester credits of equivalent coursework with a grade of C or higher. All transferable core courses credits must be completed in the last 7 years.
• Transfer Credits for Master Degree:
国产偷拍视频The master programs accept up to 9 transfer credits of equivalent, master-level coursework with a grade of B- or higher. All transferable core courses credits must be completed in the last 7 years.
The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program accept up to 12 transfer credits of equivalent, master-level MFT program coursework with a grade of B- or higher. All transferable core courses credits must be completed in the last 7 years. Note: Practicum credits cannot be transferred.
• Transfer Credits for Doctorate Degree:
The doctorate program accepts up to 6 transfer credits of equivalent, doctoral-level coursework with a grade of B or higher. All transferable core courses credits must be completed in the last 7 years. Note: Dissertation credits cannot be transferred.
10. How long will it take me to complete my degree at TUW?
The average completion times are listed below for full-time study. Awarded transfer credits will also shorten program completion time.
- Associate: 2 years
- Bachelor: 4 years
- Master: 1 year
- MFT: 2 years
- Doctorate: 3 years
11. What will I gain from a degree at TUW?
12. Do I need to purchase books?
All e-books and library resources are included in your tuition. This excludes the Marriage and Family Therapy Program, which require students to purchase one book that will serve you in your future practice.
13. MFT and LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor) with clinical licensure.
TUW’s MFT program is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) and most of the other states in the US, for students to seek licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) and/or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) – . Additionally, our MFT program is approved by the State of NY Department of Education, and is accepted in most states.
MFTs are qualified to provide services to couples, families, individuals, and groups; LPCCs are qualified to provide services to individuals and groups only. Qualifications for MFT and LPCC services vary by state. TUW’s program prepares your education while customizing it to your state.
Please contact us for more details regarding licensure in your state: (818) 575-6800 or email@example.com.
国产偷拍视频Students should be aware of the following before enrolling in one of TUW’s MFT programs:
- State regulations regarding the type and number of academic courses as well as practicum and internship hours;
- State accreditation requirements for educational institutions;
- State regulations and requirements for online graduate education programs; and
- State regulations regarding licensure opportunities if an applicant has a previous felony conviction.
14. MFT, LPCC and BSW practicum.
国产偷拍视频Practicum hours must be completed in a clinical setting under the supervision of a licensed counselor. In an effort to provide guidance and preparation for practicum, the Program Director and Coordinator of Practicum will provide a listing of previously utilized sites up to 6 months prior to this clinical component. TUW must approve the practicum site and supervising clinician prior to the accrual of clinical hours.
国产偷拍视频IMPORTANT NOTE: TUW does not provide practicum placement. It is the student’s responsibility to secure their own approved practicum site. We recommend that you find a local site for an easier commute.
Practicum requirements by program:
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (BSW):
- 450 hours total hours
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT):
- 500 Direct client contact hours, (of which 200 must be relational) and 100 hours of supervision.
- Non-Clinical Track: no practicum
- LPCC Clinical Track (Can be taken only with MFT): 500 Direct client contact hours, (of which 200 must be relational) and 100 hours of supervision.
国产偷拍视频Face-to-face hours are direct clinical services to a client (individuals) or clients (families, couples or groups). The remaining hours may consist of training, clinical supervision, and paperwork.
- College Tuition and Fees
- Technical Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Associate Degree Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Admission Requirements
- Master’s Degree Admission Requirements
- Doctorate Degree Admission Requirements
- International Student Admission Requirements
- Non-Degree Seeking Admission Requirements
- Transfer Students
- Transfer Partnerships